Seasonal position, full-time (summer) and part-time (fall)
Dates: on or about June 1 through September 1 or October 13, 2024
Salary: $15.75 per hour
Shakespeare & Company seeks a seasonal Concessions Manager for summer and fall, 2024.
Shakespeare & Company is committed to evolving its approach to diversity and inclusion to engender an active process and positive change toward equity in its employment and artistry. Our goal is to engage ourselves in endeavors which enrich and promote a more just society, and we seek to engage those who will embrace our vigorous commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility as well as anti-racism initiatives. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically underrepresented in theater and theater administration including People of the Global Majority, LGBTQIA+, women, people who are neurodiverse, and people with disabilities.
Shakespeare & Company is committed to a COVID-safe environment: in most cases employees will have completed their COVID-19 vaccination regimen, will get tested before they start work and re-test as needed. The entire Company will be adhering to local, state, and union safety protocols where and when appropriate.
Shakespeare & Company is committed to the principles of equal employment and to providing equal employment opportunities. It is our intent to maintain an inclusive work environment free of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation on the basis of sex, gender, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, military service, veteran status, pregnancy or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reporting to the Patron Services Manager, the Concessions Manager shall be responsible for assisting with the Patron Services department’s food and beverage sales, including through cost-control measures, effective communication with vendors, and the creation of a positive experience for visitors in concessions. The Concessions Manager shall provide service primarily through selling and re-stocking food, beverages and other concessions goods; inventorying, ordering, and meeting/storing concessions deliveries as necessary; managing cash/receipts; creating and maintaining expeditious, effective service to patrons pre-show, during intermission, and post-show, emphasizing pre-show and intermission purchases – including pre-ordering for intermission and preparation for the intermission rush.
Tasks will include:
- Selling concessions items through point of sale platform
- Keeping inventory on food and other bar items and restock as necessary
- Communicating with vendors in ordering food items as needed
- Ensuring timely delivery of perishable food items and optimize orders to ensure selling all inventory before expiration
- Tracking item inventory such as forks, knives, napkins, cups, and reorder as necessary
- Assisting with training new employees
- Taking a leadership role in daily and other financial reporting
The employee shall also be cross-trained to provide service, when requested, through: fulfilling ticket orders; answering phones; filling ticket orders by using Shakespeare’s online ticketing system; maintaining Shakespeare & Company’s patron database; serving as liaison between Audience Services and the Box Office; performing House Management duties; supervising Volunteer greeters and usher teams, and ensuring theater cleanliness, security, audience comfort, and safety.
Experience, knowledge, skills, and characteristics include the ability to:
- Work professionally with other employees
- Maintain a positive and respectful attitude
- Work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods
- Be dependable and timely for scheduled shifts
- Manage multiple tasks
- Maintain excellent communication skills
- Work independently and part of a team
- Maintain a commitment to values of equity and inclusion and experience communicating effectively with groups of individuals from diverse backgrounds, identities, abilities, and experiences
This position will require a familiarity with Microsoft Office; sitting, standing, and stooping; reaching with hands and arms; use of hands to finger objects and controls; lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds; close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision; and reading of written, printed and/or computer screen data.
Dates are early June through September/October, 2024. Salary $15.75 per hour.
Interested applicants should send resume with e-mail contact for three references, a letter of interest, dates of availability, to firstname.lastname@example.org (include: Position Title and Name in subject line); By mail: Job Search/Patron Services Manager, 70 Kemble Street, Lenox MA 01240; By fax: (413) 637-4274.